And there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears.




As a continued reflection on the Trinity I want to discuss Jürgen Moltmann’s idea of the Trinity as an event.
This week I will post an open quote, and go from there next week.

“In the cross, Father and Son are most deeply separated in forsakenness and at the same time are most inwardly one in their surrender. What proceeds from this event between Father and Son is the Spirit which justifies the godless, fills the forsaken with love and even brings the dead alive, since even the fact that they are dead cannot exclude them from this event of the cross; the death in God also includes them.”

These are two packed sentences. I welcome any reflections, questions, thoughts and/or provocations, whatever. I look forward to walking with you as we reflect on the meaning of the Trinity in the event of the cross during Lent. Blessings.

(Special note, the photo is a picture I took of my good friend Julie Scheibel practicing spiritual finger-painting)

Comments

  1. I like that.
    Speaking of Trinitarian events: the examples that come to my mind are the baptism of Jesus and the transfiguration...maybe the cloud that covered them was actually the Holy Spirit? God's Presence is often symbolized/manifested in the Hebrew Bible as a cloud...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan,this is great. I didn't know you blogged. I found your blog through the Lutheran Blog Directory. Nice job and some heavy duty pondering.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

in measured hundredweight and penny pound

i take flight

anywhere you wanna go