A song of love's godawful lawlessness


Last week was such a blur.

I jumped into the middle of a ton of different stories. I jumped into the middle of a ministry. I jumped into the middle of redeveloping a web presence.
Speaking of web presence, I will uploading stories to the website tomorrow (6/17), so I should be able to link articles then.

This week I am reflecting on the immigration issue in Arizona. Which has made me think of Vonnegut's Bokononism's concept of a "false karass." (Note, I dislike using wikipedia. However, the info on the linked posts is helpful, also there were no other links with helpful information.)

Anyway, Time recently wrote a good article (although they use the term illegal immigrant, rather than undocumented immigrant) about the escalating scene in Arizona. It is incredible that children are considered anchors.

There is an ecumenical fast and vigil for the immigrants in Arizona, Isaiah 58. States are encouraged to participate in various weeks throughout the summer.

Does religion have a role in supporting standing in solidarity with the oppressed? One fantastic Lutheran pastor thinks so.
Interviewing her was so incredible that I plan to worship at the congregation she serves as head pastor of (El Milagro) this Sunday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

in measured hundredweight and penny pound

i take flight

anywhere you wanna go