They Say That Time May Give You More than Your Poor Bones Could Ever Take


Update: Sorry I haven't been updating lately. I've been on the move, and will be for a few more weeks.
This summer I will be working as an intern for the Metro Lutheran. Now that my Trinity project is over it's time to move onto something else. So for the summer I will weekly blog about a topic inspired from my reporting.

So for this week I am reporting about a retired pastor celebrating his 100th birthday. The heart of his celebration was a worship service.
This example struck me. What a wonderful example of worship being the center of someone's life. This leads me to a question; How does one's faith affect how someone thinks of life?

This retired pastor had some thoughts about the topic. "I am not old. I am getting older, but I am not old. And I consider growing old a great adventure. I am growing in my wealth of grace and growing closer to my creator who has daily called me to service."

Comments

  1. Great post. What a grace-filled way for that pastor to view growing older. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

in measured hundredweight and penny pound

i take flight

anywhere you wanna go