Death is so full, and human so small



During Lent I am continuing to focus on the Trinity in light of the cross. Due to lack of resources this limits resources. With that said, I hope you're all not tired of Moltmann yet.
I do think he has a lot of insight, and a lot to reflect on. I am looking forward to reflecting on other aspects of the Trinity. But for now, it is good to meditate on the cross during our season of Lent.

"All human history, however much it may be determined by guilt and death is taken up into this 'history of God', i.e. the Trinity, and integrated into the future of the 'history of God.' There is no suffering which in this history of God is not God's suffering; no death which has not been God's death in the history of Golgotha."

What does this mean? What does it mean that God is manifest in all suffering, guilt and death? Is this good news? If it is, how so? Is there more to this 'incorporating into God's history?

(I have many thoughts on the topic, but I am suspending them for two reasons. One, I am curious to hear everyone's thoughts. Two, it's still Lent, and perhaps it is appropriate to dwell in the absence of the resurrection)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

in measured hundredweight and penny pound

i take flight

anywhere you wanna go